CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Another Sunday

It’s Sunday which means grocery shopping, laundry, and all of those other chores that we all hate to do.  Add to that the extra errands that we had to run.

Starting in May, we had to trim our grocery bill down a bit.  We decided to trim it to $150 per week.  That’s down about $100 per week.  And we decided to pay with cash so that we were forced to stay on budget.  That was a HUGE step for me.  Just the thought of getting to the register and not having enough cash to pay for the groceries terrifies me.  But for the second week in a row, I’ve been successful!  Last week I spent $133 and this week only $75!  We’ve been eating out of our pantry a lot but I’m still buying items to stock up (cereal, granola bars, juice, etc).  We are $92 under budget so far this month!

Matthew still had some birthday money that was burning a hole in his pocket.  He desperately wanted an Air Soft gun.  Dad ok’d it so Mom was out voted.  I took him down to Academy and he picked out the one that he wanted.  He also picked out bio-degradable pellets for it.  (He tells me that they are better for the enviroment AND they mean he won’t have to pick them all up when they are scattered though out the yard!

He is having a BLAST with that thing.  Since both he and his sister have had gun safety training with Dad, I guess I’m not too worried?

0 comments:

Post a Comment