CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 17, 2010

Single Mom Weekend

Hubby is off hunting this weekend.  Sorry – he’s “huntin”.  So I am doing the single parent thing with my monsters.  On the way home from work yesterday Kat called and asked if she could go to a friend’s for the night.  “SCORE!” is all I can think.  “But of course you can honey.  How long will you stay on Saturday?”

So it was just me and the boy monster for the night.  I had a $25GC to Carrabba’s so I grabbed Matt and convinced him to suffer through a dinner with just his ol’ Mom.  We had a wonderful evening!  I think Matt really enjoyed the one on one attention and I really enjoyed only having to focus on one kid for a while.  After dinner, we rented a movie (Astro Boy which I hadn’t seen) and snuggled up on the sofa.  We had a wonderfully peaceful evening.

Kat came home mid-day today and the twin bickering started again.

<Sigh>

Why did I sign up for this?

0 comments:

Post a Comment